As a parent, it’s helpful to gain insight and share information with other parents. To assist parents with their childrearing responsibilities, JFS offers Parent’s Place, an online parenting resource, serving as your virtual parenting center.
Through Parent’s Place, we offer:
JFS promotes Parenting that C.A.R.E.S. This philosophy promotes 5 basic principles for helping your children become responsible, caring adults.
- C – Consequences. Children need to experience the results of their actions
- A – Acceptance. Accept the child’s feelings but not their misbehavior.
- R – Responsibility. Never do for children what they can do for themselves. Give choices!
- E – Encouragement. Teach your child how to accept and encourage themselves.
- S – Smile. Children are supposed to present us with challenges – it’s how they establish their identities!
Parent’s Place is supported by: