Housing Support Services
Times have been tough recently in our community. Many people have not been able to keep their homes due to job loss, business downturns, medical expenses, family changes due to divorce or death, loss of retirement funds, or reduced pensions and assets. Families and individuals receiving JFS Case Management services may work with our Liaison for Housing and Financial Support Services to receive financial and housing related education, coaching, and support designed and tailored specifically to your personal needs. A detailed budget analysis provides the foundation to identify and explain all available options, so that you can make a fully informed decision on how to reach your affordable housing goals.
- Budget analysis, mortgage affordability analysis and home/mortgage evaluation;
- Assistance with developing individualized housing goals for long term stability;
- Education regarding mortgage and housing options, including government programs;
- Consultation and negotiation assistance with loan servicers and/or law firms handling collection activity;
- Foreclosure intervention and consultation when facing eviction and the imminent loss of a home;
- Options and assistance regarding exit strategies from a home when remaining in the home is no longer an option;
- Support in accessing community resources, including assistance in the application process for various services.
If you or someone you know may be in a situation where we can help, contact us at 248.592.2313 or contact us.