Mental Health Counseling
JFS therapists are here to help you cope, survive and ultimately thrive in all the circumstances life brings. We provide professional counseling services to individuals looking to reach for new goals and expand life’s possibilities.
We’re also there to provide support through life transitions, such as marriage, divorce, parenthood, career change, and just growing older. When injury, illness or exposure to trauma occurs, professional assistance can be crucial to healing.
A few signs that it may be time to seek professional counseling include:
- Changes in your sleep pattern
- Changes in your appetite
- Feeling irritable or easily losing your temper
- Frequent crying
- Feeling unhappy, “stuck,” or hopeless
- Consultation and referral
- Individual counseling
- Couples counseling
- Family counseling
- Parenting consultation
- Bereavement counseling
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication management
When someone has an addiction, everyone around them is touched by the disease. Family members may begin to behave differently in an attempt to control or manage the addiction. JFS offers therapy services to persons struggling with addiction, and to their friends and family, with specialists in the treatment of alcohol and other drug addictions, compulsive gambling, compulsive eating, and other behavioral addictions. We partner with The Friendship House to provide counseling resources within the context of the 12 Steps from a Jewish perspective.
Cost of Services
JFS is committed to providing affordable, confidential outpatient psychotherapy and addiction services using evidence-based interventions in a client-centered way. Our professional therapists provide guidance and support to individuals and families across all the ages and stages of life.
- CARF accredited (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, CARF International is an independent, nonprofit accreditor of health and human services) — JFS’ Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities accreditation signals a commitment to continually improving services, encouraging feedback, and serving the community. When a provider you choose is CARF-accredited, you are assured the highest quality of services.
- Able to bill BCBS and most major insurances.
- Able to provide a sliding fee schedule for those who are income-eligible.
If you or someone you love could benefit from our counseling or addiction recovery services, you/they can call our Resource Center at 248.592.2313 or email at email@example.com for more information. All of our services are confidential.