Geriatric Care Manager – 24/7 (1, Part Time, scheduled as needed position & 1 Full Time position)
Advocates, coordinates and assists clients in obtaining needed care and resources in order to maximize functioning and quality of life for client and his/her family.
- Assessments – Conducts a comprehensive psychosocial assessment with each client within the case load in a client’s residence or agreed upon location within the service area. All assessments are completed and entered within 5 business days of the intake and/or evaluation dates.
- Care Planning – Develops an integrated, comprehensive, person centered care plan for each client to meet their measurable goals and objectives and provide assistance/intervention in implementing and revising the person centered care plan to meet client needs as changes in status occur or at review time. All treatment plans are entered into Evolv within 5 days of the appointment.
- Compliance – Maintain client documentation and recording by preparing and completing all required assessments, treatment plans, progress notes (within 2 days of client contact), records, Discharge Summaries (30 days) and reports for all assigned clients in accordance with agency standards. Conduct and document 60% productivity standard of direct client service contact time.
- General Client Support – Coordinates, monitors and matches individual client needs with available services/resources and provides support and crisis intervention and medical advocacy at various locations throughout the service area, which may include transporting a client.
- Training – Obtains and maintains certifications as requested by agency and maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending agency in-service programs, educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Client Satisfaction – Optimizes client satisfaction by maintaining scheduled appointments, responding to messages promptly and coordinating services appropriately.
- Administrative – Demonstrates awareness of the importance of accountability and fiscal integrity by completing all required forms, assuring collection of fees, preparing and completing in a timely manner all required records and reports for assigned clients.
- Networking & Support – Establishes/maintains working relationships with agency staff, governmental entities, service providers and involved family members while sharing professional knowledge with staff by seeking out professional development opportunities and sharing new learning with staff.
- Meetings – Attend and participate in required agency meetings.
- Cost Control – Contributes to the effective use of agency resources by identifying and implementing options for cost containment.
- Security and Privacy –Adheres to agency and client protection policies by regularly acclimating oneself with the JFS privacy, safety and security policies made available within the employee handbook.
- Employee Philanthropy –Supports and engages in a culture of philanthropy in all work done on behalf of the agency.
- Mission Dedication –Embodies the mission and values of JFS in all work done on behalf of the agency. Utilization of the JFS key strategies will ensure success in this accountability.
- Misc. – Other duties as assigned by management.
- Experience: Experience working with older adults and knowledge of community resources.
- Education: MSW required
- Certifications or Licenses Required: LLMSW, LMSW preferred
- Technology –Use agency Electronic Health Records to maintain client records and employee schedule, and to document client satisfaction and outcomes and use Microsoft Office products daily.
- Documentation – Succinctly and accurately document necessity for services as well as an individual’s progress or lack of progress towards their goals and objectives.
- Communication – Express oneself in an articulate and effective manner both verbally and in written communication.
- Reasoning – Deal with abstract as well as concrete problematic situations. Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Time Management – Use time effectively by appropriately planning, organizing and scheduling work hours to meet agency needs.
- Practice – Use current Evidenced Based practices within care management, including Person Center Thinking and Motivational Interviewing.
- Rapport – Support the agency’s vision of customer service by acting in a manner to instill trust, providing professional and appropriate service to clients and co-workers.
- Team – Work as a member of an integrated team, engaging in a group process to identify and solve problems and facilitate optimal client functioning and coordinated service delivery.
How to Apply – Interested & qualified candidates should forward their resume & salary requirements to HR@jfsdetroit.org
Jewish Family Service of Metropolitan Detroit is an Equal Opportunity Employer